The Record for June 4

— Wednesday, June 4

1:10 a.m. A vehicle complaint was received from the 1800 block of Ski Time Square Drive, where a car was parked in a handicapped space

1:14 a.m. A fire alarm went off in the 2300 block of AprÃs Ski Way. Everything was fine.

8:53 a.m. A Denver man was arrested on an outstanding warrant in the 1900 block of Shield Drive.

9:08 a.m. A dog at large was reported on Winchester Drive.

11:43 a.m. Dogs were reported chasing cars at Routt County Road 179 and C.R. 33.

12:44 p.m. A structure fire was reported in the 100 block of Blue Sage Drive, where a wall caught fire because of welding work. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue quickly extinguished the flames.

2:24 p.m. Police assisted a motorist at 12th Street and Lincoln Avenue.

2:37 p.m. A vehicle complaint was received from U.S. Highway 40 and Mount Werner Road. Police gave a warning.

3:51 p.m. A carbon monoxide alarm went off in the 2500 block of Ski Trail Lane. Everything was fine.

5:40 p.m. A drunken driver was reported heading south on Colorado Highway 131 near U.S. 40. Sheriff's Office deputies were unable to locate the vehicle.

5:44 p.m. A carbon monoxide alarm went off in the 24900 block of C.R. 42.

8:08 p.m. A bear was reported at Pine Grove Road and U.S. 40. The Colorado Division of Wildlife was notified.

8:09 p.m. A bear was reported in the 1600 block of Mid-Valley Drive. The Colorado Division of Wildlife was notified.

9:16 p.m. A bear was reported in the 1000 block of Central Park Drive. The Colorado Division of Wildlife was notified.

9:42 p.m. A Steamboat Springs woman was arrested on suspicion of failure to signal, driving without a valid license, and other traffic charges during a traffic stop at Park Avenue and Grand Street.

11:41 p.m. A two-vehicle accident was reported in the 500 block of C.R. 80 in Hayden, where a pickup went into the ditch. Three people were transported to the hospital with minor injuries. A Steamboat Springs man was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, leaving the scene of an accident and other traffic charges. No further information was available.

11:48 p.m. A noise complaint was received from the 2300 block of AprÃs Ski Way. Police gave a warning.

Comments

sbsmon 6 years, 6 months ago

rockie,

since you never say anything new I decided to save you some time. I just posted one of your prior monologues.

Form June 2nd Rockie wrote:

A fairly quiet day of events in town. Highlights included a drunken woman was staggering all over the road. I wonder if this is the same woman from previous day who reported her husband missing? She staggered her way to the point the police could not locate her, wow! That is one drunk woman for sure. The crime wave continues as a car door was spray-painted, again this needs to cease, as it brings a bad name to our community. Also, a fight apparently erupted between a man and boy, what a mismatch and the man should not fight or pick on someone so young, eh? Also, an intoxicated man was reported 'suspicious' loitering near a fire pit. If it were me and I saw anyone near a firepit regardless of their intoxication, yea I would think that was suspicious. Don't people have too much time to be throwing trash out the window and running over signs on the road. This is upsetting the peaceful residents continously, and hopefully plate numbers are written down whenever this happens and seen by the public. The rising crime wave in town, and the rising gas prices this summer will be issues to watch out for, and their effects on our slumping economy.

look at me everyone. I get to be rockie today. I love myself.

armchairqb 6 years, 6 months ago

5:40 pm a drunk driver was reported on hwy 131 heading south? What makes you an expert? Did the caller overserve the driver? was a breath and blood test done and a conviction by a jury of his/her peers? Quit wasting the cops time People have to much time on their hands in this town. How come that car couldn't be found but they found Wall and his girlfriend?

bountyhunter4590 6 years, 6 months ago

Good point armchair. Makes one wonder when these are called in, and some cars are not found and others are. Police time is crucial, and if wasted on silly calls, it wastes the time of the cops.

bountyhunter4590 6 years, 6 months ago

SBS sounds like a criminal. Could be a busy weekend for me.

rockie29 6 years, 6 months ago

I disagree with you Bountyhunter, I don't think sbsmon is a criminal just a person who has nothing to add and cuts and pastes what I write, real neat. No originality for sure. I do think that you Bountyhunter will be busy with the increase in reports of bench warrant arrests. You are needed with the high amount of criminals we have in our great town. I am not going to respond to petty, childish responses by some of the 'many' or same name characters on here, just talk about the issues at hand in Steamboat. I will not read what some of you say if it is a direct attack on me. So get a real job, and laugh at life instead of being a genuine hater.

rockie29 6 years, 6 months ago

Hey everyone, summer is in high gear, and the continued reports of noise from Apres Ski Way continue at alarming rates. The police will be busy in this and surrounding area as well as the many reports from Walton Creek Road. ANother report of dogs chasing cars is called in once again, I can't remember so many reports of dogs chasing cars in some time. These canines are concerning drivers, and are a driving hazard for us. These dogs are also harassing walkers, joggers, and bikers, and I have seen them with my own eyes annoying our wonderful residents. Also, 3 bear reports were called in back-back-back, maybe the bears are sensing the increase in dogs with the summer season, and may do us a service by eating some of these 'bad' dogs. We need our town to be cleansed of these dogs without a leash, and whom better than a big bear, eh? I'd not mind our Lincoln Mountain Lion to make a reappearance to also help with this problem! I'm out for the weekend, but have a great weekend and enjoy the great summer weather everybody.

dorkie29 6 years, 6 months ago

I disagree with myself in the effort to make my alter ego more credible (dorkiehunter4590). Now, back to the business of paraphrasing the report in a non-funny manner. OOOhh, look 3 bear reports back-back-back, oh wait those were all in the same area with lots of food, in an hour where lots of people could see it and at an hour where those people were still up. This forum has some annoying characters, too bad the bears can't sense them and eat them. See you later, I'm going fishing this weekend with my tough-guy alter egos bounty and kimbo. I'll try and think of some more dorky jokes and you all "get a real job and laugh at life" instead of hatin' on the dorkie.

sbsmon 6 years, 6 months ago

dorkie 29, we don't hate him. he gives us something to do with our spare time. by the way rockie. i have a job. 8 hours a day 5 days a week. what I do in my spare time is entirely my own choice.

I read that the average american houshold has the TV on for 7 hours a day. since I only watch the morning news for 30 minutes that gives me 6 1/2 extra hours each day to pester rockie.

by the way, I just looked into weststbmtres's proof that bounty and rockie are the same. he's right. look at two things and you can't miss it.

1. on the may 26th record it was bounty who changed the subject because he was called a name.

2. on the may 31st record it was rockie who admitted to changing the subject because he was called a name.

looks cut and dried to me.

bountyhunter4590 6 years, 6 months ago

Stop the bickering everyone! You are ruining my reading experience and others on here. SBS, you are a neophyte. I was telling you to stop calling Rockie names, which continues to happen. So what if I replyed to you? It is a free country. Can you say, busted SBS.

dorkie29 6 years, 6 months ago

I learned a new word "neophyte" yesterday in the spelling bee. LOL

bountyhunter4590 6 years, 6 months ago

Dorkie29, another disguised name. The suspects.... Wannabe, SBS, WestStm, Boatmaster, although he was removed recently so probably not him. Leading suspects for arrest.

justathought 6 years, 6 months ago

bounty, rockie (and whoever) In the same post you said "It is a free country" and "I was telling you to stop calling Rockie names", kind of a contradiction there isn't it? What right do you have to TELL anyone to DO anything? Just copying the way mommy handles your spats maybe? If you really want the bickering to stop you and your "Cybil" friends should grow up and then there would be nothing to bicker about.

nurmidst 6 years, 6 months ago

bounty u just used a sentence i sent to rockie over a month ago long before you were on here!

nurmidst (anonymous) May 14, 2008 at 9:49 p.m. (Suggest removal)

rock n theboat u r ruining my record reading experience!

nurmidst 6 years, 6 months ago

Read that to mean rockie29 in steamboat you are ruining my record reading experience!