Hoza named Optimist Teen of the Month
Janna Hoza, a senior at Hayden High School, has been named the Optimist Club's Teen of the Month for January.
Hoza, 17, has been on the high school's high honor roll in each year of her high school career. She has received numerous awards, including the Scholar Athlete Award, the University of Colorado at Boulder's Outstanding Junior Award and the Colorado School of Mines Medal of Achievement in Math and Science.
Her hobbies include volleyball, cooking, jogging and hanging out with friends.
Hoza was awarded a full four-year scholarship to attend any Colorado public university, but she has not decided on what school she will attend.
Soroco High School Honor Roll
- Ninth Grade: (4.0) Caitlyn Berry, Bailey Forster, Ceanna Rossi and Alexandra Smith. (3.5 to 3.9) Jacob Hange, Nathan Heberlein, Charell Ondrejka, Wesley Peters, Michael Rossi and Corey Snyder.
- 10th Grade: (4.0) Alex Estes, Katie Grett, Nathaniel Meadows, Cody Miles, Matthew Watwood. (3.45 to 3.9) Gage Achtner, Julia Luciano and Shelby Viele.
- 11th Grade: (4.0) Justin Iacovetto, Kimberly Rossi, Sarajane Rossi, Raci Schlegel, and Elizabeth Strait. (3.5 to 3.9) Nahila Bonfiglio, Clinton Koler, Tatum Lombardi, Katrina Maes and Kaydee Peckham.
- 12th Grade: (3.5 to 3.9) Mikal Achtner, Jade Amcida, Bailey Carrell, Kyle Dimmitt, Journee Germian, Glenda Long and Cindy Trout.
- Kelly Northcutt, a 2007 graduate of Steamboat Springs High School, was listed on the 2007-08 fall semester dean's list at the University of Portland.
- Paul Ross Wilderman, a Steamboat Springs High School alumni, graduated from Iowa State University in December with a doctorate in biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology.