The Record for April 28

1:27 a.m. An open door was reported in the 1300 block of Lincoln Avenue. The door was secured.

2:38 a.m. Officers assisted a man who wanted to go to the emergency room because his knee was hurting.

3:22 a.m. A person complained of noise in the 1000 block of Central Park Drive. The noise was from a street sweeper cleaning a parking lot.

5:46 a.m. A person complained of littering at 11th Street and Lincoln Avenue. An 18-year-old man was lighting matches and throwing them on the ground. The man was contacted by police and was given a ticket for littering after he refused to stop.

6:49 a.m. Theft was reported in the 38900 block of Mud Alley in Milner. The case is under investigation.

6:53 a.m. Theft was reported in the 38900 block of Main Street in Milner. The case is under investigation.

7:22 a.m. Vandalism was reported in the 200 block of West Lincoln Avenue in Hayden. A report was taken.

7:30 a.m. A deer on the road was reported between mile markers 129 and 130 on U.S. Highway 40.

8:20 a.m. Steamboat police assisted Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue with a man who was in diabetic shock in Steamboat Springs.

9:03 a.m. A person complained of a barking dog in the 500 block of Larimer Street. The dog was gone when police arrived.

9:38 a.m. Thefts were reported in the 500 block of Ore House Plaza.

11:32 a.m. Vandalism was reported on East Maple Street. Someone cut 12 pieces of wire on an entrance gate to gain access to Gardner Field. A report was taken, and the case is under investigation.

11:43 a.m. A person complained of a stray dog in the 2900 block of Abbey Road.

12:04 p.m. Harassment was reported in Steamboat Springs. A person reported harassing phone calls from a former contractor. A report will be taken.

1:22 p.m. A person complained of an abandoned vehicle on Melrose Lane. A private property owner had the car towed.

2:01 p.m. An officer was requested in the 2500 block of Copper Ridge Drive because of a marital property dispute.

2:26 p.m. Domestic violence was reported in Hayden. An arrest was made.

5:17 p.m. A traffic stop was made on Fourth Street, between Lincoln Avenue and Oak Street. The driver was a fugitive of justice and was arrested. The vehicle was towed.

6:09 p.m. A person complained about a stray dog in the 28500 block of Routt County Road 8 in Yampa. The dog was on a chain when police arrived.

6:18 p.m. Trespassing was reported on Dougherty Road. A man on a motorcycle reportedly was on private property.

6:43 p.m. A reckless driver was reported on Old Fish Creek Falls Road.

7:02 p.m. Police assisted on an ambulance request for an unattended death in the 500 block of Wyatt Way.

9:48 p.m. A person complained of noise and also reported underage drinking in front of a home in the 3300 block of AprÃs Ski Way. There were no underage people at or around the home on the arrival of police.

10:10 p.m. A person near mile marker 15 of C.R. 129 reported cones in the middle of the roadway. The cones were moved to the side of the road.

Comments

MtnWarlock 6 years, 7 months ago

Give me a break! Since when doe's someone complain about matches being lit! There are people throwing cigarette butts everywhere, all the time! Nobody turns them into the cops! This sounds to me like a rookie cop who is harassing the public to make a mark! What a joke! LITTERING! I think they had something against this individual. The only time a citation is handed out for littering, is when a cop tries to make a power play on an individual! A real "Barney Fife" crime! LOL! What I want to know, who the hell is going to complain about a match hitting the ground a 5am? Have another doughnut guys! Gee's. I had more faith in JD Hayes in his training program. I know it's not an Nazi organization! Rookie! LOL! Got to love small town cops!

rockie29 6 years, 7 months ago

What a busy day for police, an open door was reported. Why couldn't the person just close the door and call the owner, instead of calling police? Common sense, right? Then I see a barking dog was called in as well. Like I said last week, if every dog was called for barking, Steamboat would have no dogs left probably. I tell you, people in this town will call for the most minor things, or if someone gives someone else stink eye. Let the police work the big cases, not these minor calls that divert their attention from big cases like vandalism, domestic reports, and drunk driving, etc.

rockie29 6 years, 7 months ago

A new one I hadn't seen before, a stray dog was seen then when police arrived it was on a leash, that was slick! I notice a lot of abandoned vehicles are being called in, and a lot of stray dogs. I can bet that their will be reports of moose on the prowl as well over the next couple of days, as they are grazing. You can bet any type of large animal will be reported in this town. Many strange things happening, but no UFOS!

justathought 6 years, 7 months ago

And why would an eighteen year old be so disrespectful to the police by refusing to stop, even if it was just a real "Barney Fife" crime? He got what he deserved! Showing such disrespect for authority by refusing to stop, you can bet his next encounter with the law won't be quite so minor.

rockie, how about the deer on the road, maybe the caller wants to start making them pay road usage tax.

rockie29 6 years, 7 months ago

Yea I agree the deer will be charged, and then will be arrested!

twostroketerror 6 years, 7 months ago

Pursuant to CSP statute .042 "failure to dim it's eyes to oncoming traffic"

the_one_and_only 6 years, 7 months ago

Hey ppl i did not deserve that ticket the cop was harasing me and cusing me out and then on top of it hit me two times in the P.D. with a door when i said stop he got pissed off and i did not like that it was B.S. and i think that the oficer should be better in forurmed about my disibiltys im in a program to help me so i can better my self and others. i hope that u all relize that the COPS harrass me every day and night and i hope u know im also one of the kids who hate it when ppl side with the COPS. And i only get along with two city cops. and one of them talked to me and i told him what was going on and he knows how i am with ppl. and i love ppl but i hate ppl who think just cuz the have a gun and badge that there bad ass there not.

the_one_and_only 6 years, 7 months ago

Hey people I did not deserve that ticket. The cops had nothing better to do then to harass me and I did quit throwing them on the ground the cop was cussing me out. I fell like the cops are profiling me and it's not right. I also get a lot of nonsense from the cops and it happens every day from 8am till about 8pm. And I hate it when people take the side of the city police and is all for them. I talked to the S.R.G.T. in charge and he knows how I am and I have multiple disabilities and every one in this town knows that. I also think its lame that the police think just because the have a badge and gun that there bad attitude. (lol) also this cop hates me because he is new and he just needs to be educated.

MtnWarlock 6 years, 7 months ago

justathought, In my old stomping grounds, if you disrespected a cop, it came with a complimentary night sticking and an educational lump or two on the skull for good measure! Respect was a very educational thing by the law, now it would be a civil rights issue! Seeing that this kid is obviously mentally challenged, I see there could be an issue! That's why I emphasize the "rookie" thing. Steamboat cops have been good to me through the years here, even old Neil Cantwell/Carl Creel our ticketing justice of the 80's! JD Hayes, runs a tight ship! A co-worker tells me this kid was adopted and the parents have had a hard time raising him! There is always more to the story on both sides. We've heard them here. I just never hear of littering in the blotter, that's why I wonder about it!

the_one_and_only, Try a little humbleness when dealing with the law. Mostly, cops are good guys! Bad judgment calls can spoil a reputation or create one, which leads to prejudice and ill feelings. Maybe some day it will all make sense you.

forreal 6 years, 7 months ago

mostly, cops are not good guys. some definitely are but most of them enforce archaic laws. most of them are on edge when they initially confront you. i'm willing to bet that there is more to this story than the newspapers have to say.

rockie29 6 years, 7 months ago

Let's not make this an issue of cops! This is the record, not a courtroom!

80488mom 6 years, 7 months ago

I have never in my entire life had a problem with any member of law enforcement. My only experiences have been good experiences. I was raised to respect the law and the officers sworn to uphold it. If you are having a perpetual problem with law enforcement I can only assume there is just cause.

the_one_and_only 6 years, 7 months ago

mabey it is a court room i just think its lame that every one is on the cops side and not listening to what i have to say

dave reynolds 6 years, 7 months ago

your right mom forreal has had issues with the law just an observation or an educated guess-but either way they feel law enforcement is out to get them..that early in the A.M. I'd be careful too

grannyrett 6 years, 7 months ago

Why would someone call the cops about a deer on the highway? Was it hurt? Sheez-If we all called the cops when we see a deer on the road, the dispatchers would be laughing so hard that when we had a real emergency, they couldn't get off the floor to answer the phone.

CoJustice 6 years, 7 months ago

The_one_and_only -

Why are you on the street from 8:00 am 8:00 pm? Why do the police have to continually make contact with you, is because of a disturbance?, public request? For your own safety? Who do you think is calling the police?

Trust me when I say they have a lot of more important things to do like barking dogs, cigarettes, engaging with ducks.

MtnWarlock 6 years, 7 months ago

CoJustice, He was looking for employment! I found out he goe's to the special ed school. One of my co-workers lives near him. they told me the story. Sad.