The Record for Oct. 24

Wednesday, Oct. 24

7:43 a.m. A gas leak was reported in the 36000 block of Tree Haus Drive.

8:41 a.m. A loose dog was taken to the shelter from the 1000 block of Central Park Drive.

9:11 a.m. A driver was cited for partially blocking a road and a fire hydrant on Ski Trail Lane.

9:56 a.m. A loose dog was reported on Old Fish Creek Falls Road.

10:20 a.m. A loose dog was taken to the shelter from the Steamboat area.

10:29 a.m. A man reportedly was selling speakers from his car in the 35000 block of U.S. Highway 40. The man was gone when officers arrived.

10:58 a.m. A woman locked her 1-year-old daughter in her car in the first block of 10th Street. The child was fine.

11:12 a.m. A dog owner was cited for allowing his or her dog to run loose.

12:33 p.m. A 1966 Ford truck blew a front tire and veered off U.S. 40 near Hayden into a bunch of willows and shrubs. The two men in the truck were not wearing seatbelts because the truck did not have seatbelts but neither was injured. No other vehicles were involved in the accident.

12:47 p.m. A 22-year-old Oak Creek woman was arrested in the 300 block of Myers Street in Oak Creek on suspicion of driving under suspension, not having insurance and not having license plates.

1:37 p.m. A puppy with a blue collar was found in the 2400 block of Lincoln Avenue.

1:42 p.m. A 44-year-old Oak Creek woman was arrested in the 300 block of Main Street in Oak Creek on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, driving under suspension and driving with expired tags.

2:37 p.m. A two-vehicle, noninjury, hit-and-run accident was reported in the 200 block of Storm Peak Court.

4:33 p.m. A man reported a big moving van being parked in the 500 block of Bearview Court for three hours.

5:21 p.m. A two-vehicle, noninjury accident was reported at the police department. A trailer's fender sustained minor damage.

7:07 p.m. A man reported seeing smoke in the 24000 block of Cottonwood Road in Clark. The smoke was coming from a controlled burn, and everything was fine.

Comments

JQPUBLIC 6 years, 9 months ago

OCPD... if that is you doing DUI arrests in OC, watch you backsides carefully. There is a faction in OC that will stop at nothing to get rid of you, including lies that will ruin your career. It's been done before, a lot of gullible people actually believed the lies being spread by drunks. Some believe it is their God given right to drive drunk in OC and expect the local PD to turn a blind eye, just cover your butts and good luck.

Slapper 6 years, 9 months ago

the boozers think they are getting picked on but not one ticket has been written after dark. it was evident last meeting who the complainers are. GET THE DRUNKS OFF THE STREET WHETHER THEY ARE WALKING OR DRIVING!

innovated 6 years, 9 months ago

Interesting comment JQPublic, VanGundy...you use to warm up the bar seats with the rest of them, most every night when you were mayor. Didn't hear you complain then. I know for fact because I watched.

JQPUBLIC 6 years, 9 months ago

innovated.... I never claimed to be a teetotaler and since you were watching me so closely you know I either walked or got a ride. I didn't have to complain then, that was before your crowd dismantled the WORKING OCPD. I say your crowd because you went out of your way to use my name in a seemingly vindictive way because you didn't like my comment. You sound a little like the look-the-other-way cop OC had.

innovated 6 years, 9 months ago

JQVanGundy, you speak with forked tongue. You hid for awhile, no doubt ashamed of the rumors you spread about everyone from the mayor, the board, the OCPD cops not really knowing the facts. You base your comments on rumors from your cronies, not fact. You, of all people pointing at the drunks and druggies when YOU were affixed to the bar stool nightly, adding to the problem. I am sickened with the hypocrisy. Oh the stories I could tell.

innovated 6 years, 9 months ago

Muskno: the general drift was to give our new chief and officer a chance to adjust to our town, which I totally agree. They have a tough job ahead of them and need our support. Any complaints need to go to town hall and the usual trashing of Koile by Sonja...of course, I know some interesting stories on Sonja and her recreational activity. I guess she is another one that speaks with forked tongue.