On the Record for July 28

Saturday, July 28

12:07 a.m. An officer was requested in the 1900 block of Ski Time Square.

12:20 a.m. A noise complaint was reported in the 100 block of Hillside Drive. Police issued a warning.

1:09 a.m. A noise complaint was reported in the 1300 block of Sparta Plaza. Police issued a warning.

2:28 a.m. A noise complaint was made in the 500 block of Eighth Street. Police issued a warning.

2:29 a.m. A drunken pedestrian was reported in the 600 block of Lincoln Avenue. The man was taken to detox.

2:56 a.m. A suspicious vehicle was reported in the 3000 block of Lincoln Ave. The owner was contacted.

8:33 a.m. Harassment was reported in Steamboat. A report was taken.

10:12 a.m. A motor vehicle accident was reported in Dream Island. A report was taken.

11:44 a.m. A hit and run was reported in the 2100 block of Curve Plaza. Someone hit a vehicle and left the scene.

11:50 a.m. An officer was requested to Pinegrove Road. A juvenile was having a dispute with his parents.

1:30 p.m. A theft was reported in the 300 block of Fourth Street. Two bikes were stolen.

1:52 p.m. A reckless driver was reported in the 500 block of Lincoln Avenue.

1:55 p.m. A theft was reported in the 300 block of Fourth Street. A bike was stolen.

3:44 p.m. A hit and run was reported in the 1800 block of Central Park Drive. Someone hit a vehicle and left the scene.

3:53 p.m. Harassment was reported. Several juveniles were yelling and making obscene gestures at some construction workers.

4:56 p.m. A gas skip was reported in the 1400 block of Lincoln Avenue. A report was taken.

7:27 p.m. A disturbance was reported in the 400 block of Lincoln Avenue. An arrest was made.

7:37 p.m. A motor vehicle accident was reported in the 1300 block of Dream Plaza. An arrest was made.

9:37 p.m. A bear was reported in the 300 block of Lincoln Avenue.

10:50 p.m. A motor vehicle accident was reported in the 1100 block of Lincoln Avenue. A report was taken.

11:39 p.m. A suspicious vehicle was reported in the Anglers Drive. A report was taken.

Comments

thecondoguy1 6 years, 8 months ago

I had a dispute with my parents once, thank God my beloved father did not believe in hitting. My blessed mother was a sweet little Italian lady about 4'11'' high and 4'11'' across, she got on a chair and slapped me so hard I landed in the garbage container in the kitchen foyer and did not move until I agreed the dispute was resolved.

corduroy 6 years, 8 months ago

seriously, are parents that lame they can't even control their own children? Oh wait that's right, its the government and schools responsibility .. huh? Why waste taxpayer money just because you can't parent?

katrinkakelly 6 years, 8 months ago

Did the man with an accident on Weiss drive and fugitive of justice warrant ever get charged with child endangerment? The very young kids had no car seats and were in the front seat of the truck. They put it in gear by themselves and wrecked into another vehicle.

dave reynolds 6 years, 8 months ago

condo guy..when i was 15 had a dispute with Mom..she tried to slap me I blocked it only to find Dad right behind her..the rest is history..bottom line kids these days know the system will look out for them no matter what they did and social services will be crawling up their parents every orface..Igot spanked.slapped grounded,etc..turned out O.K...scept cann't spell(lol)..anyway the point is lets parents be parents agian..Heck I got spanked in School...7TH grade Miss Peterson..big paddle..but you know what I didn't cause problems again..keep the Gov out of telling us how to raise our kids

dundalk 6 years, 8 months ago

Years of catholic school provided students with torture. I was caught talking too much in class ( I know, its unbelievable) and my english teacher launched a large bar eraser my direction and applied a chalk mark across my cranium!

aufait 6 years, 8 months ago

A juvenile was having a dispute with his parents.

The parents get a do better talk from the officers and the juvenile leaves to join up with his friends, because he can!

Later,,,,,,

thecondoguy1 6 years, 8 months ago

paddle, God bless your mom and dad, they are why you are such a terrific person today, I was 15 when I got knocked in the trash, your spelling is just fine. dundalk, that was my mothers other control method, if I didn't behave she threatened to send me catholic school, she knew I knew the sisters hated me...........

JazzSlave 6 years, 8 months ago

There was an incident that got some national press earlier this year. I can't remember the location.

A mom called 911 because her elementary school aged daughter was having a tantrum. The 911 operator said "whaddaya want me to do - send some one over there to shoot her?"

I thought it was hysterical, but the 911 staffer lost his gig.