Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Hayden The Hayden Valley Press was named the best newspaper in its circulation class by the Colorado Press Association.
The Hayden Valley Press was given the General Excellence Award on Saturday during the Colorado Press Association's annual conference and awards banquet. The newspaper also won the advertising sweepstakes.
"It's wonderful to receive awards recognizing the quality of your newspaper," Hayden Valley Press city editor Brent Boyer said. "But more important is that we continue to look to improve the quality of the newspaper we provide the residents of Hayden."
The Hayden Valley Press won the following editorial awards:
- First place - Joshua Roberts, News Story; Melinda Mawdsley, Sports Story
- Second place - Boyer, Headline Writing; Boyer, News Page Design; Mawdsley and Michelle Perry, Feature Story; John F. Russell, Sports Photograph; Matt Stensland, News Story
- Third Place - Mawdsley, Sports Story; Stensland, News Photograph; Stensland, News Story; Tyler Arroyo, Feature Photograph
The newspaper won the following advertising awards:
- First Place - Bryna Larsen and John Boyan, Black and White Ad; Laura Soard and Sarah Steneman, Classified Pages or Section; Fran Reinier and staff, Ad Layout and Design; Steve Balgenorth, Circulation Promotion; staff, Advertising Campaign
- Second Place - Samantha Johnston and staff, Newspaper Promotion; Deb Proper, Black and White Ad; Whitney Stansbery, Advertising Campaign; Jill Hines, Classified Pages or Section
- Third Place - Soard and Steneman, Classified Pages or Section; staff, Small Space Ad; Larsen and Boyan, Newspaper Promotion