Monday, February 26, 2007
Steamboat Springs The Steamboat Springs School Board will look at the district's policy for facility and grounds usage during its regularly scheduled meeting Monday.
School Board President Denise Connelly said the board wants to see what's in place in terms of how much is charged to use district facilities and grounds to make sure the policy is properly being enforced across the board.
"We just want to look at it," she said.
The School Board also is expected to take action on spending district money for the purchase of new Human Resource and Finance software, which was recommended by district technology director Tim Miles.
The current software has given the district problems, Miles said, and the district has the funds to purchase the software.
The money identified to purchase new software is believed to be a one-time source, meaning the district has it now and won't have the money in the budget near year.
The School Board also will continue discussion on what to do with the vacant director of Curriculum and Instruction position. Former director Kelly Stanford's resignation took effect Friday, and the district is in the midst of many curriculum and instruction-related projects.
Board member John DeVincentis has questioned the necessity of the position. Connelly said the board needs to decide whether to name an interim director for the rest of the school year.
Steamboat Springs School Board meeting agenda
When: 6:30 p.m. tonight
Where: Centennial Hall on 10th St.
6:30 p.m. Call to order
6:31 p.m. Executive session
- Section 24-6-402(4)(b) for purposes of consulting with our attorney on the issue of a personnel matter regarding the Superintendent
- Section 24-6-402(4)(e) for purposes of discussing the specific matter, which is subject to negotiation regarding the contract with the North Routt Community Charter School
- Section 24-6-402(4)(f) for purposes of discussing personnel matter regarding the Superintendent
- Section 24-6-402(4)(g) for purposes of considering confidential documents relating to a student
7 p.m. Agenda Review
7:05 p.m. Spotlight on Success Steamboat Springs Middle School's Matt Tredway
7:25 p.m. Approval of minutes
7:30 p.m. Principal, Director and Charter School reports
7:40 p.m. Board comments
7:50 p.m. Public comments
8:10 p.m. Staff comments
8:30 p.m. Personnel
8:45 p.m. Business
- Human Resources/Finance Software
- Facilities and Grounds Use Policy
- Mid-year update on School Improvement Plans
- Interim Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Appointment to Recreational Needs Exploratory Committee
- Policy Review Board Member Code of Conduct
- Superintendent's Evaluation Plan
9:45 p.m. Debrief
9:55 p.m. Plan for future meetings
10:05 p.m. Adjourn