Yule Log Clue No. 2

Yule Log Clue No. 2

— Count them - one, two, and three

Enter the name of a dicotyledonous tree.

There you are where they intersect.

If you find the log, you'll collect!

Yule Log Clue No. 1

Near Memorial Park the log did lie,

By the snowy trail of the passerby.

They dug the log from a mound of snow,

So Scott and Tom won the dough.

This year the log has a new hiding place.

Follow each clue. Have a merry chase!

Comments

jmemcse 6 years, 9 months ago

Wow, you could win a gift cert good for a whole one hundred dollars! How generous.....

I only have 2 more words to add: Tightwad Greedy

mud 6 years, 9 months ago

believe it or not, some people still participate in community activities because its FUN. I'd give you my two words but brent would be all over me like stink on jmemcse. happy holidays!

oofcboy 6 years, 9 months ago

is it near an aspen or a popular tree/ or street

corduroy 6 years, 9 months ago

I think I need to take a walk tomorrow if I make it to town ;)

jmemcse 6 years, 9 months ago

mud - you must be a tightwad member of the chamber, or else you wouldn't be so embaressed by the chinzy nature of your fun loving community that you felt a personal attack was neccesary to make you feel better about your lame self

stmbtprof 6 years, 9 months ago

jmemcse.....wow bah humbug..you must be very jaded, very rich, or just a curmudgeon with too much timeon your hands...

hopefully the spirit of winter will shine into youduring a hoar frost and you will see beauty instead of negativity

justathought 6 years, 9 months ago

What a shame to have an attitude that it's only worth doing if the prize is large enough, imagine going through life without doing anything just for the fun of it. I wonder if jmemcse's parents paid him/her to go out and play or if jmemcse even knows how to play.

JazzSlave 6 years, 9 months ago

jmemcse:

You complain that the payoff isn't big enough for you, and it's the ORGANIZERS who are greedy? I think you've got it backwards, Tightwad.

Matthew Stoddard 6 years, 9 months ago

I'm looking again so far. I've only barely followed it for the past 5 or so years. I get a bit jaded when a family of 20ppl just start digging the first day and find it usually just by digging everywhere.

I just don't have that much time any longer. I actually try to figure out clues before digging. As for cheap...dang! $100 is $100, no matter what you do. That'll fill my car's gas tank 3x!!

jmemcse 6 years, 9 months ago

Dang, I am rich! I sit at home and make $180.00 an hour and have to turn down new clients because I don't have time. You all can go dig in the snow all you want for a measly hundred bucks. I'm anything but a tightwad - I spread my money around to friends and family to the tune of about $6000.00 every year at christmas. That's why a measly $100.00 seems like nothing to me.

And you all missed my point in the first place - a community as afluent as SS should be able to make you poor slobs happier than a hundred bucks worth of happy.

Most of the idiots on this forum are brainwashed from watching to many Lexus commercials on TV.

Matthew Stoddard 6 years, 9 months ago

No, some of us actually test our brain based on Steamboat's history (not to mention having to Google things every once in a while) while doing the search. The $100 is a bonus. Basically, if I win, I get $100 for doing the equivalent of you doing a crossword for fun.

oofcboy 6 years, 9 months ago

you know the prize could be as little as alift tickit but 100 dollars looks like a snowman laying down, who could ask for a better prize sleeping snowman,yes

jeannie berger 6 years, 9 months ago

speaking of lift tickets, who won the drawing for the poll we took that the Pilot put on line. you remember the one everyone complained about being to long..........

RoxyDad 6 years, 9 months ago

jmemcse

You're really impressive with your 180.00 per hour and your lousy attitude about people having a little fun. Some people will do the contest for a smaller prize than 100.00. Those people are what Steamboat is all about.

You say you are not a tightwad and you spread your money but on another of your posts you describe how you would rather shop at Walmart than City Center to save a little over 100.00. That sure sounds like a tightwad to me.

I doubt you even have the income you claim, your posts describe your years working at the ski resort and there are not many jobs there that pay 375,000.00 a year.

Have fun at Christmas Grinch - its your season!

mud 6 years, 9 months ago

I spend $180 a month at Wal-Mart on food for my family of three...I'm willing to drive to Craig to save...a measly $1oo seems like nothing to me...I'm so rich.

handyman 6 years, 9 months ago

This is supposed to be for fun. Lighten up, folks!

Brian Watterson 6 years, 9 months ago

Actually Mr. Stoddard, the Farrell family consists of 6 people (including spouses) who actively look. We're not blindly digging in every snowbank in Steamboat. In fact, we're not as active as everyone thinks. We've been in Routt county for 5 generations going back to the 1890's, and take pride in our knowledge of the area. This why it's fun for us. The $100 is icing. In having fun, we have never begrudged others for finding it, and are good sportsmen.

Unfortunately there are always a few kill joys who can only whine and drain the fun out of most everything they come across.

Now good luck