Street events schedule
Monday, February 6, 2006
- Ring and Box (ages 6-10) -- Horse pulls skiers, who must drop rings in washtub.
- Ring and Spear (ages 6-10) -- Horse pulls skiers who are holding a spear and trying to collect five rings suspended from stands.
- Skijoring (ages 6-10 and 11-14) -- Horse pulls skiers through flat course down the street.
- Street slalom (ages 6-10 and 11-14) --Horse pulls skiers through slalom course of cones.
- Donkey Jump (ages 6-10 and 11-14) -- Horse pulls skiers as they jump a two-foot ramp.
- Shovel Race (ages 18 and older) -- Adults sit in any type of shovel and are pulled by galloping horse.
- 25-yard Dog and Dad Dash (ages 5 and younger) Children are pulled by the family dog to the finish line. A parent or dog owner leads the dog. This race is followed by the
- Dad Dash, during which dads pull the sled on all fours (sled can not have metal runners).
- Three -Legged Race (ages 5-8 and 9-11) Two people on skis tie legs together (ties provided) and race to finish line.
- Obstacle Course (ages 4-6, 7-10 and 11-14) Skiers maneuver around obstacles and race to finish line.