Tattoo of the week: TJ Weiss

photo

TJ Weiss' tattoo

photo

TJ Weiss

I got my tattoo from Pam's Body Art in Craig, and it was a design I made up. I went with my mother and did it just because it was a fun thing to do.

Show us your ink: Got a tattoo and want to show it off? 4 Points is looking for anyone interested in having a picture of their ink featured in an upcoming edition of the weekly arts and entertainment section.

What we need: a high-resolution, color photo of the tattoo (appropriate body areas only, please) and a short description identifying what the tattoo is, why you got it, when you got it and where you got it. E-mail submissions to aplean @steamboatpilot.com. For more information, call Allison Plean at 871-4204.

Comments

waiting4snow 8 years ago

Quote taken from the movie Wedding Crashers:

" Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye. "

justaguy 8 years ago

As a person with tattoos and a mother with advanced liver disease and HepC I can understand the stance that most put forward in this forum. I do believe that it is a bad choice for the Pilot to run this series as it is the prime local news source for the who's who of whovill. Everyone needs to run and hide from about 50% of the American population between the ages of 20-30, that's about how many have at least one tattoo. This would be better received if it were run in the local. My tattoos are for me and nobody else. I can put on shorts and a t-shirt and nobody would be the wiser. My mother was an alcoholic for 20 years and is now clean and sober for the last 15yrs.

Back to the pictures at hand, is the bottom picture the mother or the daughter?? Anyway, the goal is to place "it" directly in the middle of the "design". Points are lost for dripping, slipping, smearing, missing and dropping outside the lines. You start with 50 points and go down from there. 10 point deduction for dripping, slipping and smearing, 5 point deduction for dropping outside the lines and a DQ for missing. Good luck to all

techdubb12 8 years ago

davinci:

are you suggesting that hitler was the first to use tattoos?

snowysteamboat 8 years ago

The only appropriate tattoo in that area is "ALL ABOARD"

techdubb12 8 years ago

davinci:

for the record, my handle is techdubb. i'm not entirely sure where the source of your disrespect towards me is seated.

it should be known that i don't agree with this section of four points and by no means am i defending it. however, i can not sit back and watch people take a debatable newspaper piece and re-channel their discontent into bashing an art form that is sacred to many people. doing so, ironically, reflects poorly on your knowledge of cultural history beyond nazi germany.

the point i was trying to make was that the form of expression known as tattooing should not be forever stigmatized because of a madman's choice to use it in his inane, horrible plan. it's bad enough that hitler stole from us the ancient symbol now known as the swastika.

let's not get too far off course. this section of four points is not the most desirable choice for the entire community. however, the last time I checked, the sp&t is free. furthermore, if a newspaper article has more influence over a son or daughter than their parents, then maybe there are deeper issues we should be discussing.

Scott Stanford 8 years ago

All:

I have found many of the comments posted onto this story to be inappropriate, vicious and silly.

For the record, I have no problem with the Tattoo of the Week. It is an appropriate feature for our 4 Points section.

I understand some of you disagree. That's your prerogative. I would encourage you to write a letter to the editor pointing out the problems with this feature - I'll be happy to publish it. Also, you can call me, write to me or contact my boss to express your displeasure. My contact information is below and I am easy enough to find in the phone book.

If you like, you can can beat up on me in this thread. But the person featured in this segment did nothing to deserve the absolutely vicious comments that were posted about her and future comments of that sort will get the poster banned.

Scott Stanford Editor, Steamboat Pilot & Today (970) 871-4221/(970) 291-9278 PO Box 774827 Steamboat Springs, CO 80477

justaguy 8 years ago

If you don't keep score, What is the point?? That is all the fun!!!!!