Mobile home caught fire Wednesday

Advertisement

A fire that broke out in a mobile home along Routt County Road 129 was mostly extinguished when firefighters arrived on scene Wednesday night.

Damage was done to the home's living room and roof, but the fire did not destroy the home, which sits across from the Steamboat Springs Airport, Fire Marshall Jay Muhme said.

New pipes put into a wood stove this fall were too close to combustible construction, causing the fire, Muhme said.

The fire was maintained to the living room, and a small hole was found in the roof above, Muhme said. Smoke damage occurred in the rest of the house.

Firefighters were called to the scene about 9:32 p.m. An engine and water tender were sent. When they arrived on scene, the fire was pretty much out, Muhme said, with the floor still smoldering.

The owner attempted to put the fire out with water and snow, Muhme said.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.