The Record


— Wednesday, June 25

7:35 a.m. A motorist called police after reportedly seeing a semi traveling east on U.S. Highway 40 near Rabbit Ears Pass with a load of timber that appeared as if it might fall. Police located the semi and found that the timber was secure.
8:52 a.m. Employees at the Steamboat Springs Health and Recreation Center reported that someone had snuck into the building after hours. Nothing appeared to be missing.
9:22 a.m. Seven banners were reportedly stolen from a Howelsen ball field.
10:29 a.m. A woman called the police after reportedly seeing a suspicious vehicle on Elk Run Road, which is a private drive. Later, she realized that she knew the driver.
3:03 p.m. A driver reported hitting a deer at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Shield Drive.
3:23 p.m. A man was cited and released after stealing some toiletry products from City Market.
3:43 p.m. A two-car accident was reported in front of Old Town Pub on Lincoln Avenue. Neither of the drivers was injured, and the fire department responded to clean up spilled anti-freeze.
4:01 p.m. A driver called police after reportedly seeing another driver flipping people off at the intersection of Sixth and Oak streets. Police could not locate the vehicle.
4:14 p.m. A woman reported that her neighbor in the 25000 block of Bella Vista Circle had damaged her property with a bulldozer. The neighbor agreed to pay for the damage.
4:48 p.m. A woman called police after seeing four juveniles set a fire on the hillside behind the Health and Recreation Center. The fire was put out and police contacted people in the area.
9:28 p.m. A woman reportedly saw a suspicious vehicle drive up to a condo on Sage Brush Trail near Stagecoach. She told police that the driver was not the owner of the condominium. The condo was a rental unit.
10:15 p.m. A driver hit a cow on County Road 129 near County Road 209. The cow died and the vehicle was damaged, but the driver was not injured.
10:50 p.m. A mother called the police when four juveniles reportedly began banging on her son's bedroom window in the 300 block of Pine Street. She said the teenagers then lit a smoke bomb and ran away. Police contacted the juveniles and notified their parents. The teenagers were released after being dropped off by police at their homes.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.