Oak Creek Oak Creek is not yet making any commitments to the multijurisdictional housing authority, but at Thursday's Town Board meeting, board members agreed to participate in discussion. The housing authority is an attempted solution to Steamboat's housing problem, wherein Steamboat money would be used to build affordable housing in the outlying communities. So far, the communities of Oak Creek, Yampa and Hayden have been skeptical.
The rest of the meeting was dedicated to the discussion of skyline regulations and budget issues. The Town Board objected to the exemptions of communication towers and utility lines in the proposed skyline regulations. Members agreed to send a letter with their concerns to the Planning Commission.
The board voted to rehire Bill Babcock as the Oak Creek meter reader. He will be paid $200 a month.
The board agreed to pay 52 percent of a $4,000 shortfall to amend Fire Chief Chuck Wisecup's contract. The additional money will cover workman's comp and unemployment tax that were not put into consideration in the original contract. The Oak Creek Fire District agreed to pay the other 48 percent.
An announcement was made that fireworks have been banned in Oak Creek until further notice from Wisecup.
It was also announced that Oak Creek will host a workshop titled "Energy Risk Management" on July 11 at Town Hall.