Saturday, February 23, 2002
Occupation: Self-employed muralist
Birthplace: Colorado Springs
1. When did you move to Routt County and what brought you here?
My mother's baby blue Volkswagen station wagon brought me here when I was 9 months old.
2. What are the best and least favorite things about living in Routt County?
Best "a community to match the scenery" it's true!
Least the monochromatic scheme of skin tones
3. If you could invite any four people to dinner, who would they be and why?
Buckminster Fuller, the Dalai Lama, Angelique Kidjo and Robin Williams for excellent conversation, stellar entertainment, and lots of laughs
4. Who is the most famous person you have ever met and how did you meet him/her?
Taj Mahal on a windy night at the Horde Festival
5. If you had three wishes, what would they be?
To own a chocolate factory
To start an art school right in downtown Steamboat
Fulfilling lives for everyone on Earth
6. If you could travel to any place where would you go and why?
To the moon for a little perspective on things
7. What is the most rewarding part of your job?
Besides the fact that it's doing what I love bringing color to an otherwise drab white wall and talking to people about their sense of beauty!
Book: Any Gary Larson book
Song: "Across the Great Divide"
Color: the brilliant green of spring
Food: Chocolate, of course, next question...
Sport: Football with my dad
Vacation spot: Canyonlands
Recreational activity: these days, backcountry skiing!
Pet: the newts I had when I was a kid
Movie: "Being There"
Magazine: the Utne Reader
TV show: "Whose line is it anyway?"
Do you know someone interesting who you would like to see profiled? Call Kelly Silva at 871-4204 or email her at