Tuesday, November 14, 2000
Yampa Investi-gators have determined that a fire that did significant damage to a house in Yampa started in the chimney, according to Yampa firefighter Dan Allen said.
Five firefighters from the Yampa Fire Department responded to the Nov. 4 fire at house on Main Street owned by Jay Whaley.
Allen said there was extensive smoke damage to the upstairs and most of the downstairs was destroyed.
Firefighters were called at 10 p.m. and worked until 3:30 a.m. fighting the blaze and securing the area.
Oak Creek dispatched five firefighters to scene and a paramedic from Yampa also was on hand, Allen said.
No one was hurt in the blaze.