Winter weather advisory in effect for Steamboat until midnight
October 24, 2012
Steamboat Springs — If you’ve been practicing your snow dance, the payoff is coming.
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a winter weather advisory for Rangely, Dinosaur, Craig, Hayden, Meeker, Steamboat Springs and the surrounding areas.
About one to three inches of snow is expected to accumulate, except for in Clark and Steamboat Springs, where three to six inches is expected.
Snow showers should reach Steamboat Springs in the late afternoon and begin to taper off in the evening, according to the advisory.
The advisory cautions that travel will be difficult because of periods of blowing snow and poor driving conditions. Visibility will be reduced by snow and fog on mountain passes.
The forecast high for Wednesday is 53 degrees with a low of 22 degrees.
Also, remember this?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Jail Report for July 15 to July 21, 2017
- Real estate transactions for July 14 through 20, 2017
- Steamboat council president wants Trump to find peaceful resolution to North Korea standoff ahead of Olympics
- Craig couple arrested on suspicion of stealing expensive mountain bikes from Steamboat
- Steamboat’s winter 2017-2018 airline schedule due for release