Winter weather advisory in effect for Steamboat until midnight
October 24, 2012
Steamboat Springs — If you’ve been practicing your snow dance, the payoff is coming.
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a winter weather advisory for Rangely, Dinosaur, Craig, Hayden, Meeker, Steamboat Springs and the surrounding areas.
About one to three inches of snow is expected to accumulate, except for in Clark and Steamboat Springs, where three to six inches is expected.
Snow showers should reach Steamboat Springs in the late afternoon and begin to taper off in the evening, according to the advisory.
The advisory cautions that travel will be difficult because of periods of blowing snow and poor driving conditions. Visibility will be reduced by snow and fog on mountain passes.
The forecast high for Wednesday is 53 degrees with a low of 22 degrees.
Also, remember this?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- U.S. News names Steamboat Springs among top 15 small towns to visit in the USA
- Jail Report for June 17 to June 23, 2017
- Head of Planned Parenthood and Trump cabinet member square off during Aspen Ideas Festival
- Real estate transactions for June 16 to 22, 2017
- Selfless devotion earns Steamboat’s Pio Utu recognition