Wild West Relay rolls through Steamboat on Saturday
August 13, 2011
Steamboat Springs — The eighth annual Wild West Relay began Friday in Fort Collins and will see runners trickle into Steamboat Springs throughout the day Saturday.
The relay takes runners 200 miles from Fort Collins into Wyoming, back down to Colorado and eventually into Steamboat, where they'll finish at Strawberry Park Elementary School.
The last runners should arrive no later than 4:30 p.m. Saturday.
The event features teams of four to 12 runners trading off legs of the race.
Racer Phil Purdy is trying to become the third man to complete a solo race.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Man dies after hitting elk, rolling Jeep on U.S. Highway 40
- Head of Planned Parenthood and Trump cabinet member square off during Aspen Ideas Festival
- Selfless devotion earns Steamboat’s Pio Utu recognition
- Real estate transactions for June 16 to 22, 2017
- Wondering why we are seeing smoke in the Yampa Valley?