Wild West Relay rolls through Steamboat on Saturday
August 13, 2011
Steamboat Springs — The eighth annual Wild West Relay began Friday in Fort Collins and will see runners trickle into Steamboat Springs throughout the day Saturday.
The relay takes runners 200 miles from Fort Collins into Wyoming, back down to Colorado and eventually into Steamboat, where they'll finish at Strawberry Park Elementary School.
The last runners should arrive no later than 4:30 p.m. Saturday.
The event features teams of four to 12 runners trading off legs of the race.
Racer Phil Purdy is trying to become the third man to complete a solo race.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- New owner takes the reins at Steamboat’s Ore House steakhouse
- Jail Report for Nov. 12 to Nov. 18, 2017
- Steamboat Ski Area announces terrain for Opening Day on Wednesday
- Utah ski resorts giddy over 2 seasons of record visitation and Olympic bid, but worried by DUI law
- Van Life: Who’s behind the wheel, what they’re up to and where local van life might be headed