Welcome back, winter
January 17, 2012
Steamboat Springs — One of the driest starts to winter in recent memory got sidetracked Monday by a storm that left 11 inches of snow on the slopes of Mount Werner — the biggest single-day total so far this winter.
The Steamboat Ski Area is reporting 11 inches of snow at mid-mountain and 10 inches of snow at the summit this morning. It’s chilly up there, too — minus 4 degrees at mid-mountain and minus 10 degrees at the summit.
The storm pushes the ski are’s mid-mountain base to 36 inches; it’s 35 inches at the summit.
More precipitation is forecast for Wednesday through Saturday, according to the National Weather Service.
Got powder photos and videos? Share them with us at share@SteamboatToday.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- New Stagecoach subdivision, Young’s Peak Preserve, offers just 8 lots on 80 acres