Weekend occupancy levels at Steamboat hotels are on par with 2011
February 2, 2012
Steamboat Springs — Occupancy at Steamboat Springs lodging properties is trending about on par with 2011, according to the latest lodging barometer issued by the Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association.
The barometer, an informal survey of bookings at area hotels, motels and nightly-rental condominiums, forecasts 8,600 guests spending Saturday night in Steamboat. That's down slightly from the forecast of 8,800 guests for the corresponding Saturday night in February 2011.
Local lodging officials and ski industry executives have discussed the challenge of attracting visitors here for the second half of the ski season because of the general lack of snow in Steamboat and across much of the Western U.S.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Homeless chef suspected of dealing heroin in Routt County
- Steamboat Springs teens missing since Monday found safe
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- Steamboat Police Department bids farewell to veteran officer
- New single-family homes 22 miles west of Steamboat signal evolving housing market