Weather delays Steamboat J4 championship event
March 17, 2011
Steamboat Springs — Thursday's one-run super G event in the 2011 J4 Rocky/Central Regional Championships in Steamboat Springs was postponed because of weather.
Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club Alpine Director Deb Armstrong said the tentative plan for today is to run the super G event for the 11- and 12-year-old racers in the morning and to do one run of giant slalom at Steamboat Ski Area. The Alpine skiers were scheduled to compete in a pair of one-run giant slalom races today.
The event was scheduled to wrap up Saturday with two slalom races.
Depending on what the weather does, Armstrong said there is a possibility the super G and giant slalom events will be postponed or canceled and two runs of slalom will take place at Howelsen Hill.
The field of skiers includes the top 80 girls and top 80 boys from the Rocky Mountain and Central divisions. That includes racers from Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming and several states in the Midwest.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- David Ihde: No one owes you a place to live in Steamboat
- Tiny house projects proposed in Hayden, Oak Creek
- City disagrees with Steamboat Ski Area over occupancy limit at employee housing complex
- Steamboat fireworks guru Tim Borden makes pumpkins go boom
- Steamboat residents rally to try and save Yampa River Queen