Weather delays Steamboat J4 championship event
March 17, 2011
Steamboat Springs — Thursday's one-run super G event in the 2011 J4 Rocky/Central Regional Championships in Steamboat Springs was postponed because of weather.
Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club Alpine Director Deb Armstrong said the tentative plan for today is to run the super G event for the 11- and 12-year-old racers in the morning and to do one run of giant slalom at Steamboat Ski Area. The Alpine skiers were scheduled to compete in a pair of one-run giant slalom races today.
The event was scheduled to wrap up Saturday with two slalom races.
Depending on what the weather does, Armstrong said there is a possibility the super G and giant slalom events will be postponed or canceled and two runs of slalom will take place at Howelsen Hill.
The field of skiers includes the top 80 girls and top 80 boys from the Rocky Mountain and Central divisions. That includes racers from Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming and several states in the Midwest.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Unusual arrests made during Steamboat MusicFest
- Man dies after hitting elk, rolling Jeep on U.S. Highway 40
- Coroner identifies Hayden man killed in early-morning crash
- Wondering why we are seeing smoke in the Yampa Valley?
- Head of Planned Parenthood and Trump cabinet member square off during Aspen Ideas Festival