Warm weather continues to hammer away at high country snowpack
August 22, 2011
Steamboat Springs — Daily high temperatures in the mid-80s and overnight lows in the mid-40s will carry through this week in Steamboat Springs, peaking with a high of 85 on Wednesday.
The USA Pro Cycling Challenge rolls into town Friday afternoon with the Stage 4 finish in downtown Steamboat. The early forecast from the National Weather Service calls for a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday and Friday night.
Stage 5 pedals out of Steamboat on Saturday morning, when the forecast calls for mostly sunny skies. No precipitation is forecast for Saturday.
The warm summer weather continues to hammer away at the last remaining snowpack at upper elevations around Routt County. The Yampa River's streamflow has dipped to 237 cubic feet per second at the Fifth Street Bridge this morning. The historic average for today is 134 cfs. The Aug. 22 record is 415 cfs, set in 1957.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Noodles & More Saigon Cafe: Authentic Fresh Food
- Steamboat Springs breast cancer survivor is now an advocate for mammography
- Sweetwater Grill is sold; new concept to open in May
- Halloween weekend in Steamboat Springs appeals to all ghosts and ghouls
- Series of lakes atop Buffalo Pass provides easy, beautiful hikes