USA Pro Cycling Challenge route announcement delayed
November 17, 2011
Denver — One of the proposed maps for the 2012 USA Pro Cycling Challenge ends the race in Boulder, rather than Denver, where 250,000 people jammed downtown streets this year to watch the sprint to the finish.
Information being privately circulated for comment on the 2012 route shows Boulder as a contender for the ultimate finish line next year. Race CEO Shawn Hunter is adamant that no route has been chosen and that the leaked route is not all correct, but he did acknowledge some of the options under consideration don’t have a finish in Denver.
Hunter said race organizers are still looking at three or four options after initially planning to reveal the 2012 host cities Thursday. That announcement has been backed up about two weeks while organizers continue to weigh proposals.
Read the full story at http://www.denverpost.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- New Thai restaurant coming to spice things up at base of Steamboat Ski Area
- Uber incident in Vail sparks statewide investigation, ends in $8.9 million fine