Top 5 arts and culture events to explore this weekend
June 12, 2014
Steamboat Springs — Friday, June 13:
String Board Theory
10 p.m. at Schmiggity's, 821 Lincoln Ave.
This favorite locals’ band will bring high energy, shredding, deep driving bass and solid-funky beats, this show has it all. It surely will be an event with attendees jumping toward the ceiling, receiving good vibes and creating an ear-tantalizing experience.
Pro Rodeo Series
The 10-week professional rodeo series is back. Featuring bull riding, bronc riding, roping, steer wrestling, barrel racing and kids' events, the rodeo will be every Friday and Saturday night from June 13 to August 16 and begins at 7:30 p.m. except for the special Fourth of July event that begins at 6:30 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Saturday, June 14:
Mainstreet Farmer's Market
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Seventh and Yampa streets
The 10th Annual Farmer's Markets will include more than 75 vendors offering locally produced foods, as well as arts and crafts. There also will be live music from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The new location will be at Seventh and Yampa streets along the river.
This year will be the second annual Savor Steamboat. The afternoon festival will celebrate all that Steamboat has to offer with food, drinks and music. It will take place at the base of Mt. Werner. Attendance is free with the exception of the Shake and Stir event. Tickets can be purchased at the door ($25) or online ($20). Tickets will include a tasting cup and 12 alcoholic beverage tokens. Must be 21 or older to participate.
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Steamboat Ski Area
The event will take place at Steamboat Ski Area base area from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. If you are looking for the best deals in town on anything and everything bike-related, be sure to make an appearance at the bike swap. Drop off is from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. $5 per bike, $20 for 10-by-10-foot space. Ten percent of all sales support the Routt County Riders’ trail maintenance fund and Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club cyclist scholarships. http://www.sswsc.org. email@example.com or 970-846-5012.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Noodles & More Saigon Cafe: Authentic Fresh Food
- Steamboat local recalls May 10, 1996, disaster on Mount Everest
- Halloween weekend in Steamboat Springs appeals to all ghosts and ghouls
- Looking back, 17 years of CMC’s annual haunted house fundraiser
- Series of lakes atop Buffalo Pass provides easy, beautiful hikes
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- Homeless chef suspected of dealing heroin in Routt County
- New single-family homes 22 miles west of Steamboat signal evolving housing market
- Steamboat Springs teens missing since Monday found safe
- Vehicle runs over woman’s foot: The Record for Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017