The Record for April 12, 2011
April 14, 2011
Steamboat Springs — 12:23 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called to a report of a mother bear and her cub in a trash bin in the 1900 block of Cornice Road. The bear was gone when police arrived.
4:05 a.m. Officers were called to a report of a dog loose on Steamboat Boulevard.
9:56 a.m. Routt County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to a report of two dogs loose near mile marker 66 on Colorado Highway 131.
11:32 a.m. Deputies stopped a car for speeding at Routt County Road 14 and Routt County Road 27 and arrested a 75-year-old Craig man on suspicion of being a fugitive of justice related to speeding.
3:30 p.m. Officers were called to a report of a counterfeit $10 bill found at a bank in the 300 block of Lincoln Avenue.
6:27 p.m. The Routt County coroner was called to the 400 block of East Washington Avenue in Hayden for a report of a 35-year-old Indiana man found dead on a bedroom floor. An autopsy is planned, but it appears that the man died of natural causes and that the death was not the result of an accident.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Steamboat Parks and Rec Commission OKs new off-leash dog areas
- Buffalo Pass Road too rugged? Forest Service officials eye improvements
- Cooking With: Smell That Bread Bakery featuring its newly renovated location