The Chief Players to hold auditions Sunday, Monday
August 23, 2013
Steamboat Springs — The Chief Players, a new community theater group, will host auditions Sunday and Monday at the Chief Theater.
Auditions begin at 7 p.m. If needed, there also will be an audition at 7 p.m. Thursday.
The group consists of many members of the old Steamboat Players theater group.
"When the Chief opened, they were open to morphing into the Chief Players," said Scott Parker, the executive director for the Chief. "They are really energetic community players. I think they're really going to raise the bar on community theater."
The auditions are for Agatha Christie's thriller "The Mousetrap." It will be directed by Thomas Miller. Planned dates for that show are Nov. 1 to 3 and Nov. 8 to 10.
The auditions are cold reads from the script, so those interested in participating don't need to prepare an audition monologue, and photos or headshots aren't needed.
"We want people that want to do everything," Parker said. "It's not just actors — tech, sound, costume design, set design, stage design — we want everyone to be involved.
To reach Luke Graham, call 970-871-4229 or email lgraham@SteamboatToday.com
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- New Stagecoach subdivision, Young’s Peak Preserve, offers just 8 lots on 80 acres