Sweetwood Ranch’s special use permit is up for a vote
April 25, 2011
The Routt County Board of Commissioners is expected to vote sometime between 3:30 and 5 p.m. today on the fate of a request from Ryan Wood, owner of Sweetwood Ranch, for a special use permit to run a guest ranch.
After being tabled once by the Routt County Planning Commission, Wood's plan won a unanimous recommendation from the planning commissioners April 7. The request, which includes permission to host large events such as wedding receptions on a trial basis, has drawn considerable opposition from neighbors living in subdivisions of 35-acre lots in the hills rimming the ranch along the Elk River about five miles northwest of Steamboat Springs.
The Sweetwood hearing will be preceded at 2 p.m. by a pre-application conference for the proposed 9.9-acre Frentress gravel pit on a site three miles west of Hayden.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- New Stagecoach subdivision, Young’s Peak Preserve, offers just 8 lots on 80 acres