Sunshine spurs strong sales in Steamboat
Businesses see increased traffic during holiday weekend
May 31, 2010
Memorial Day observances
■ Memorial Day observance at Steamboat Springs Cemetery
11 a.m. today: Hosted by Steamboat Springs Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4264 and American Legion Post 44.
Those attending are asked to park in the Stock Bridge Transit Center on the west side of Steamboat and ride special Steamboat Springs Transit buses running to the cemetery from 10 to 10:45 a.m. Buses will return immediately after the service. Community service officers will help direct traffic. For more information, call Jim Stanko at 879-3936.
■ Memorial Day in Hayden
6 p.m. today: Hayden Cemetery
A 15-minute program includes a poem and reading of a tribute, followed by a 21-gun salute and taps.
6:30 p.m.: The public is invited to join in a potluck and burger fry at the American Legion Post on Third Street.
■ Memorial Day in Yampa
11 a.m. today: Yampa Cemetery
American Legion Post 189 will lead a prayer and read the names of veterans buried there. Veterans will fire a salute to the dead, and taps will be played.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Steamboat Parks and Rec Commission OKs new off-leash dog areas
- Buffalo Pass Road too rugged? Forest Service officials eye improvements
- Cooking With: Smell That Bread Bakery featuring its newly renovated location