Steamboat’s Schubert-Akin finishes 17th Boston Marathon
Since 1995, Routt County woman hasn't missed a race
April 20, 2011
Steamboat Springs — The feeling never gets old for Jennifer Schubert-Akin.
And how could it? Few people ever run a marathon, let alone the Boston Marathon. But on Monday, Schubert-Akin completed her 17th in a row.
"It's hard to believe," she said Tuesday from Boston. "When I ran my first one in 1995, I never dreamed I'd be here 17 marathons later. You have to be able to avoid a major injury, and I've been lucky in that regard."
Schubert-Akin finished the race in 3 hours, 58 minutes and 17 seconds, qualifying her for next year's.
She again ran as a fundraiser for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. To donate to Schubert-Akin's cause, visit her site at http://www.firstgiving.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- David Ihde: No one owes you a place to live in Steamboat
- Tiny house projects proposed in Hayden, Oak Creek
- City disagrees with Steamboat Ski Area over occupancy limit at employee housing complex
- Steamboat fireworks guru Tim Borden makes pumpkins go boom
- Steamboat residents rally to try and save Yampa River Queen