Steamboat’s Irish dancers rack up awards at Loveland event
May 1, 2013
Steamboat Springs — Dancers from Steamboat Springs' Bennett School of Irish Dance brought home several awards from Feile Denver, an Irish dance competition April 14 and 15 in Loveland.
Steamboat competitors who medaled at the event include Jade Caparrelli; Thea Dardanis; Lauren Ehrlich, first in reel and slip jig; Claire Fisher, first in reel; Arden Habermehl, first in light jig; Ashlyn Merritt, first in slip jig and single jig; and Emi Ramirez, first in light jig, according to a news release. The dancers also each advanced at least one of their dances to the coveted novice level, according to the release.
The Steamboat dance school is led by Nora Parker, who is leaving Steamboat in the summer.
Irish and ceili dancers and those who are interested in advancing Irish heritage in Steamboat are asked to attend a meeting from 5:15 to 6 p.m. May 6 at Excel Gymnastics, 1955 Bridge Lane, Suite 1500, to discuss the future of Irish dance in Steamboat after Parker's departure. For more information, call Sonja Merritt at 407-758-0788.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- New Stagecoach subdivision, Young’s Peak Preserve, offers just 8 lots on 80 acres