Steamboat’s Hungry Dog to host hot-dog-eating contest
October 20, 2011
Steamboat Springs — A year of free hot dogs is on the line Saturday.
The Hungry Dog is celebrating its first year in business with the contest that will start at 2 p.m. at its kiosk in Old Town Square at Seventh Street and Lincoln Avenue.
Owner Brad Somers said whoever eats the most hot dogs in five minutes will get free hot dogs for a year. He said there also would be music, hot dog and other merchandise giveaways.
"It's kind of just celebration of our one year anniversary, having a great year, thanking everybody and looking forward to success in the future," Somers said.
Anyone interested in participating should call Somers at 970-819-2224 by Friday night. He said 10 people have signed up, including reigning champion Rollin Stone. It's the third contest The Hungry Dog has hosted, and it's free to participate.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Parks and Rec Commission OKs new off-leash dog areas
- Buffalo Pass Road too rugged? Forest Service officials eye improvements
- Sweetwater Grill is sold; new concept to open in May
- Silverthorne police request residents take shelter