Steamboat’s Hungry Dog to host hot-dog-eating contest
October 20, 2011
Steamboat Springs — A year of free hot dogs is on the line Saturday.
The Hungry Dog is celebrating its first year in business with the contest that will start at 2 p.m. at its kiosk in Old Town Square at Seventh Street and Lincoln Avenue.
Owner Brad Somers said whoever eats the most hot dogs in five minutes will get free hot dogs for a year. He said there also would be music, hot dog and other merchandise giveaways.
"It's kind of just celebration of our one year anniversary, having a great year, thanking everybody and looking forward to success in the future," Somers said.
Anyone interested in participating should call Somers at 970-819-2224 by Friday night. He said 10 people have signed up, including reigning champion Rollin Stone. It's the third contest The Hungry Dog has hosted, and it's free to participate.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Noodles & More Saigon Cafe: Authentic Fresh Food
- Steamboat local recalls May 10, 1996, disaster on Mount Everest
- Halloween weekend in Steamboat Springs appeals to all ghosts and ghouls
- Looking back, 17 years of CMC’s annual haunted house fundraiser
- Series of lakes atop Buffalo Pass provides easy, beautiful hikes
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- Homeless chef suspected of dealing heroin in Routt County
- New single-family homes 22 miles west of Steamboat signal evolving housing market
- Steamboat Springs teens missing since Monday found safe
- Vehicle runs over woman’s foot: The Record for Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017