Steamboat’s Haymaker Golf Course nears opening
May 5, 2013
Steamboat Springs — Golf is on at Haymaker Golf Course.
Haymaker Director of Golf Tom Taylor said the driving range at the course just southeast of Steamboat Springs opened late last week and the rest of the course could be open at the middle of this week.
"We will re-evaluate opening on Wednesday," he said.
He said that in the meantime, there's plenty of maintenance to be done to get the 18 holes ready.
"We need to mow at least once and finish our winter cleanup," he said. "We are hoping the weather will hold up."
Steamboat Springs Golf Club opened on the west end of town late last month.
Local residents will pay $55 for an 18-hole round or $1,395 for a season pass. Golfers can take to the range for $5 for 35 balls.
To reach Joel Reichenberger, call 970-871-4253 or email jreichenberger@SteamboatToday.com
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- New Stagecoach subdivision, Young’s Peak Preserve, offers just 8 lots on 80 acres