Steamboat students hold fundraiser for trip to Uganda and Rwanda
October 16, 2011
Steamboat Springs — Christian Heritage School students planning a mission trip to Uganda and Rwanda in April are holding a fundraiser from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday night at Bud Werner Memorial Library that will benefit their trip.
Catered by Steamboat's Ciao Gelato, the fundraiser also will feature a screening of "Mzungu," a documentary that chronicles a group of college students' trip to Uganda and Rwanda.
Tickets for the fundraiser are $10 per person or $25 per family at the library.
Christian Heritage School student Mackenzie Holmberg, who is helping plan the fundraiser, said she went on her first mission trip to Uganda hoping to enact positive changes in communities.
"I don't know if I did anything to change anything there as much as the experience changed me," she said.
Holmberg said the trip will cost each student approximately $2,500 for travel expenses. The fundraiser starts with a dinner at 6 p.m. and continues with the film screening at 7 p.m.
For more information, call 970-879-6609 or 970-367-6361.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- U.S. News names Steamboat Springs among top 15 small towns to visit in the USA
- How to tube like a pro in Steamboat Springs
- Survey shows strong support for a sin tax in Steamboat Springs
- Cooking With: Phenomenal Falafel offers creative taste to Steamboat in new location
- Steamboat Free Summer Concert Series: Survival Guide