Steamboat Springs Tennis Association sets block party for Sunday
Free event to highlight tennis options in town
May 19, 2011
Steamboat Springs — The Steamboat Tennis Association, the Tennis Center at Steamboat Springs and the United States Tennis Association will celebrate the start of the tennis season Sunday by throwing a block party.
"This is a chance for everyone in the community to come out and see what a great facility we have, and to learn about the different programs we offer," said Jim Swiggart, president of the Tennis Center.
The party is from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at the Tennis Center. The event, which is sponsored by the USTA, the Steamboat Tennis Association and the Tennis Center, will be held rain or shine. The event is a chance for locals to come out and see Steamboat's tennis facility and learn about tennis programs and tennis leagues.
There also will be a free barbecue lunch, prizes and other games and activities. Swiggart said many of the center's programs and leagues will begin the first week of June.
The Tennis Center will host the 2011 intermountain 12 and younger Memorial Day championship. That tournament will draw top players from Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho to Steamboat Springs for two days of top-level tennis action.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- New Thai restaurant coming to spice things up at base of Steamboat Ski Area
- Uber incident in Vail sparks statewide investigation, ends in $8.9 million fine