Steamboat skier Max Marno makes US team
May 26, 2010
Steamboat Springs — Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club Alpine skier Max Marno has been named to the U.S. Ski Team's development team.
"Making the U.S. Ski Team was a huge goal for me," the 19-year-old skier said Wednesday afternoon. "It's something that, as a skier, you are always working toward."
Marno's coach, Peter Anderson, said strong results at the end of the season, and a good showing at a selection camp that wrapped up this month at Mammoth Mountain in California, helped Marno earn a nod from the U.S. Ski Team.
Marno learned he had made the team this week by phone.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- New Thai restaurant coming to spice things up at base of Steamboat Ski Area
- Uber incident in Vail sparks statewide investigation, ends in $8.9 million fine