Steamboat Ski Area snow report for Wednesday, Dec. 19
December 19, 2012
Submit videos and photos
We’d love to see some clips from your powder day. Submit a video on our website or email it to share @SteamboatToday.com. You also can share photos or even your favorite memories from the past 50 years of Steamboat Ski Area.
Sunshine Express and and South Peak chairlifts open Wednesday.
Past 24 hours: 10 inches at mid-mountain and 13 inches of new snow at the summit
Past 48 hours: 20 inches at mid-mountain
Since close yesterday: 6 inches at mid-mountain
Mid-mountain base: 40 inches
Total snow: 92.75 inches
Lifts and trails
12 out of 16 lifts are open with 88 trails.
10 degrees at mid-mountain with 12 mph winds as of 5 a.m.
Snow is forecast to continue falling throughout the day before clearing Wednesday night for the weekend. The National Weather Service’s winter storm warning is still in effect.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Diesel drivers who are “rolling coal” in Colorado could face $100 fines