Steamboat Ski Area snow report for Thursday, Dec. 20
December 20, 2012
The Bashor chairlift opens Thursday, with access to Drop Out, Bashor, Short Cut and Feather trails.
The Morningside lift is scheduled to open Friday, and Pony Express will open Sunday.
Past 24 hours: 1 inch at mid-mountain and 6 inches of new snow at the summit
Past 48 hours: 11 inches at mid-mountain
Since close yesterday: 1 inch of snow at mid-mountain
Base: 39 inches
Total snow: 93.75 inches
Lifts and trails
Clear skies and cold temperatures are forecast for Thursday. As of 5 a.m., the temperature was negative 2 degrees at mid-mountain with winds coming from the west. The high for Thursday on the mountain should be about 18 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Unusual arrests made during Steamboat MusicFest
- Man dies after hitting elk, rolling Jeep on U.S. Highway 40
- Coroner identifies Hayden man killed in early-morning crash
- Wondering why we are seeing smoke in the Yampa Valley?
- Head of Planned Parenthood and Trump cabinet member square off during Aspen Ideas Festival