Steamboat Ski Area snow report for Friday, Dec. 21
December 21, 2012
The Morningside chairlift opens Friday.
According to the 5 a.m. snow report, the mountain is now 85 percent open.
No new snow in the past 24 hours
Past 48 hours: 1 inch
Base: 35 inches
Total snow: 93.75 inches
Lifts and trails
14 lifts are open
144 trails are open
As of 5 a.m., it was 17 degrees at mid-mountain.
Avalanche danger is considerable in the backcountry.
The Colorado Avalanche Information Center is reporting two observed avalanches Thursday on Buffalo Pass.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- U.S. News names Steamboat Springs among top 15 small towns to visit in the USA
- Jail Report for June 17 to June 23, 2017
- Head of Planned Parenthood and Trump cabinet member square off during Aspen Ideas Festival
- Real estate transactions for June 16 to 22, 2017
- Selfless devotion earns Steamboat’s Pio Utu recognition