Steamboat police, Mainstreet work to resolve nighttime noise conflicts
August 1, 2010
What the code says
Steamboat Springs’ municipal code includes, under “Article II, general offenses,” this ordinance about noise disturbances:
Sec. 10-55. Disturbing quiet enjoyment of home.
(a) No person shall recklessly engage in, or be responsible for, conduct which is so loud that it materially interferes with or disrupts another individual in the conduct of lawful activities at such individual’s home. Whether or not noise is “so loud that it materially interferes with or disrupts” shall be measured against the objective standard or a reasonable person of normal sensitivity.
(b) This section shall not apply to special events as authorized by this Code including, but not limited to, the Winter Carnival, summer rodeo, 4th of July fireworks, outdoor concerts, vintage auto and motorcycle races, softball and other sports tournaments, football games and other school athletic events or activities.
Source: City of Steamboat Springs
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- Diesel drivers who are “rolling coal” in Colorado could face $100 fines