Steamboat in line for classic autumn weather, only warmer
September 18, 2012
Steamboat Springs — Residents of the Yampa Valley will enjoy classic high country autumn weather and then some this week with wide daily temperature swings.
A ridge of high pressure over the Great Basin blocks any chance of precipitation through Saturday, according to the National Weather Service in Grand Junction, leaving warmer than usual afternoons with milder overnight lows. That translates into daily temperature swings of as much as 41 degrees.
Tuesday's forecast overnight low of 37 degrees leads to a forecast high of 77 degrees and sunny Wednesday. And the pattern repeats with high temperatures of nearly 80 degrees by Friday and Saturday.
The Western Regional Climate Center reports that the average September daily high temperature in Steamboat Springs is 72.5 degrees and the average daily low is 32.6 degrees. Average total precipitation for the month is 1.8 inches.
The climate center coordinates information from several federal agencies through Nevada's Desert Research Institute.
To reach Tom Ross, call 970-871-4205 or email tross@SteamboatToday.com
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- Moving company doesn’t show up on time: The Record for Monday, May 22, 2017
- Diesel drivers who are “rolling coal” in Colorado could face $100 fines