Steamboat cross-country skiers finish Junior Nationals
March 12, 2011
Steamboat Springs — The 2011 cross-country Junior Nationals wrapped up Saturday in Minneapolis with a classic relay race, with each skier doing a 3-kilometer lap.
Leading the way for the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club was a trio of Steamboat skiers. The team of Michaela Frias, Mary O'Connell and Emily Hannah was second in the J1 girls division.
Haley Piske skied on a team that was ninth, and Lucy Newman was on a team that was 13th.
In the J2 girls, Madison Keeffe and Gretchen Burkholder were on a team that finished seventh, and Dori McNeill and Madison Ruppel were on a team that finished in 11th place.
Cara Piske and Gabriel Bohlmann rounded out the J2 girls, finishing on a 14th-place team.
Charlie Von Thaden was on a team that finished fourth in the J1 boys, and Max Scrimgeour was on a team that placed eighth. In the J2 boys division, Evan Weinman was on a team that finished in fourth place.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- 1940, 1944 winter games were canceled because of World War II
- Cooking With: Salt & Lime executive chef Vicki Connacher
- Best of the Boat: Artist profile — Best Artist runner-up Gregory Block
- Celebrating Memorial Day weekend in Steamboat Springs
- The MarchFourth band performs for Mardi Gras celebrations at the Steamboat Ski Area
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- Diesel drivers who are “rolling coal” in Colorado could face $100 fines
- Moving company doesn’t show up on time: The Record for Monday, May 22, 2017