Steamboat briefs: Victim advocates sought for domestic violence program
October 26, 2011
Advocates Building Peaceful Communities is recruiting counters interested in becoming victim advocates. Advocates will host a 25-hour domestic violence training starting in mid-November. Call Diane at 970-879-2034 for more information.
Hayden fundraiser includes a silent auction, barbecue
The Tiger Athletic Gala, a fundraiser for Hayden middle and high school athletic programs, is at 5 p.m. Nov. 19 at the Routt County Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall. The cost is $10 for adults, $5 for children 12 and younger and $30 for a family of four. The event includes a live and silent auction, raffle and barbecue dinner. Call Tony Rosso at 970-276-3761 if you have an item to donate for the auction. Call Kathy Hockett at 970-276-3101 for tickets.
Steamboat preschool seeks 2 new members for board
The Laurel Street School and Family Center, Steamboat's oldest preschool, is seeking two new board members from the community. Meetings take place once per month during lunch. No experience is necessary other than a passion for children and learning. Information about the school is at http://www.laurelstreetschool.com. For more information, email Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Steamboat ski shop’s customers can now get tuned up while they get a tune up
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- Steamboat Ski Area announces terrain for Opening Day on Wednesday