Steamboat Briefs: Rec league registration for soccer open through today
May 5, 2011
Steamboat Springs — Registration for the Steamboat Springs recreational soccer program is open through today for children 5 to 14 years old. Visit http://www.steamboat-soccer.com or call 970-870-1520 for more information.
Garage sale benefiting girls rescue center set for June 11
A garage sale, barbecue and bake sale to benefit the Tasaru Girls Rescue Centre in Narok, Kenya, is June 11. Organizers are seeking donations. Contact Gillian Morris at 970-846-1953 or email@example.com to contribute.
Center for Visual Arts is seeking summer interns
The Steamboat Springs Center for Visual Arts, a nonprofit community art center at 906 Lincoln Ave., has announced the availability of summer internships in nonprofit art gallery management. Qualified applicants should be currently enrolled or have completed a degree in a two- or four-year college or university with a field of interest in the arts, humanities, education, business or nonprofit service. Candidates also must possess good computer knowledge and word-processing skills. Experience in retail sales, community service or the visual arts a plus.
Furnished housing will be provided to successful applicants. The program begins June 1. For more information and to request an application, email Executive Director Linda Laughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions is May 10.
The center also is reviewing applications for a limited number of open positions for local artists in painting or mixed media, to join as exhibiting members beginning June 1. The deadline for application is May 15.
CMC summer semester registration under way
Registration for Colorado Mountain College's summer semester is under way. Many classes in Steamboat Springs or via online learning start the week of May 16, and additional classes start throughout the semester. Each household should have received a course schedule in the mail. More information and registration is available at http://www.coloradomtn.edu/register or by visiting the campus in Steamboat Springs, 1330 Bob Adams Drive.
Recommended Stories For You
Students new to the college and those who have not taken classes within the past 12 months can apply and register in person, or can go to the college's website to apply online and then fax or mail in a registration form. Students who have taken classes within the past 12 months also can sign up by mail, phone, fax or online. For more information, call 970-870-4444 or 1-800-621-8559.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Noodles & More Saigon Cafe: Authentic Fresh Food
- Steamboat local recalls May 10, 1996, disaster on Mount Everest
- Halloween weekend in Steamboat Springs appeals to all ghosts and ghouls
- Looking back, 17 years of CMC’s annual haunted house fundraiser
- Series of lakes atop Buffalo Pass provides easy, beautiful hikes
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- Homeless chef suspected of dealing heroin in Routt County
- New single-family homes 22 miles west of Steamboat signal evolving housing market
- New emergency room hoping to offer Steamboat residents another option for care
- Steamboat Springs teens missing since Monday found safe