Steamboat briefs: Kayakers needed Sunday at lake for triathlon practice
July 16, 2011
Steamboat Springs — Kayakers are needed at Steamboat Lake from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday for the Steamboat Lake triathlon practice swim. Entry to lake is $7 and the swimmers will take up a collection to pay for kayakers' entry. Also needed are volunteers for the sprint triathlon. Volunteers are needed from 2 to 5 p.m. July 23 and on race day, July 24, starting at 6:30 a.m. For more information, contact Joy Rasmussen at 970-846-8678 by phone or text.
Buffalo Pass Road is open until construction starts
This week, the Buffalo Pass Road, or Forest Road 60, has been opened to the second gate from the west side by the Hahn's Peak/Bears Ears Ranger District, according to a news release. This will be a short-term opening to facilitate public access while plans are finalized for upcoming reconstruction of the road.
The road runs east-west through the Park Range and along the south boundary of the Mount Zirkel Wilderness, had been closed to this point in the season because of the snowpack and in anticipation of the upcoming road improvements.
For more information, call 970-870-2299 or stop by the Ranger District office in Steamboat Springs. Road closures and project activities may be found at http://fs.usda.gov/mbr.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat base area condo project re-enters city planning process with new design
- New owner takes the reins at Steamboat’s Ore House steakhouse
- Rams can’t corral Mustangs’ rally, fall 38-28 in state semifinal game
- Mixed bag of weather during run-up to Steamboat Resort opening Nov. 22
- Real estate transactions for November 9 to 16, 2017