Steamboat briefs: Horizons seeks volunteers to be mentors for clients
September 26, 2011
Steamboat Springs — Horizons is seeking caring, committed individuals to serve as one-on-one mentors to developmentally disabled clients. For more information, call volunteer coordinator Rebecca Hanson at 970-879-4466, ext. 111.
Telemark association seeks volunteers to help board
The Board of Directors of the United States Telemark Ski Association is announcing several volunteer opportunities to help the nonprofit organization promote the sport of Telemark through educational clinics and sanctioned racing competitions. USTSA is seeking volunteers to assist the Board of Directors in the areas of development, outreach, fundraising, public relations, administration and event planning. No Telemark racing experience is required.
Design proposals accepted for a wildlife area project
The Yampa Valley Stream Improvement Charitable Trust is seeking design proposals for the Chuck Lewis State Wildlife Area's Phase III river restoration project. The project is a design of 3,300 feet of river habitat restoration on the Yampa River. Interested firms can find proposal information on the Colorado Department of Personnel and Administration's Open Notices website, http://www.gssa.state.co.us/CD
Notices. For more information, call Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife aquatic biologist Bill Atkinson at 970-817-2868.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- New Thai restaurant coming to spice things up at base of Steamboat Ski Area
- Uber incident in Vail sparks statewide investigation, ends in $8.9 million fine