Steamboat briefs: Hayden Town Council names Byrne-Erickson as top choice
August 5, 2011
Steamboat Springs — The Hayden Town Council named Steamboat Springs municipal court prosecutor Colette Byrne-Erickson as its top choice to fill Hayden's part-time municipal court judge position. Byrne-Erickson has served as Steamboat's municipal court prosecutor since 1993 and will replace municipal court Judge Steve Frasier, who retired in April after serving in Hayden for 14 years.
Byrne-Erickson will work in Hayden for two days
a month and will be responsible for enforcing the ordinances and traffic codes of the town.
"She's well qualified and seems to have a good potential to be a great judge for us," Town Manager David Torgler said Thursday.
Byrne-Erickson will be sworn in at the Town Council's next meeting.
Routt County Fair allowing more entries for hay contest
This year's Routt County Fair includes expanded opportunities to enter your hay into the hay contest. Call the Routt County Extension Office by Monday to fill out an entry form and schedule a hay sample pickup at your ranch. Samples will be sent to an independent lab for analysis and winners will be posted at the fair. The entry fee is $30 per sample. Call 970-879-0825.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- New Stagecoach subdivision, Young’s Peak Preserve, offers just 8 lots on 80 acres