Steamboat briefs: Habitat for Humanity’s Restore is expanding
December 19, 2011
Routt County Habitat for Humanity's nonprofit appliance store, ReStore, is expanding its hours and space. ReStore now is open from 9 a.m. to noon Mondays through Saturdays in an expanded space at 718 Oak St. in downtown Steamboat Springs. Volunteers are needed to help staff the store. Call 970-871-6101 or visit http://www.routtcohabitat.org.
Visiting Nurse Association offers Zostavax vaccine
The Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is offering the Zostavax vaccine for shingles. Adults ages 60 and older who are low income and uninsured (no Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance) may qualify to receive the vaccine for a $14 fee through the Merck Patient Vaccine Assistance Program. Patients may apply for this program by making an appointment at the Steamboat Springs office by calling 970-879-1632 or at the Craig office by calling 970-824-8233.
BLM seeks comment on land-use plan for area
The Bureau of Land Management released for public review a Colorado River Valley Resource Management Plan for BLM lands and minerals in Northwest Colorado.
The plan will provide the management direction for the next two decades covering all aspects of BLM land and mineral management within the Colorado River Valley Field Office boundary.
The Colorado River Valley Field Office covers 505,000 surface acres and 707,000 acres of subsurface mineral estate administered in Eagle, Garfield, Mesa, Pitkin, Rio Blanco and Routt counties.
The BLM has extended the public comment deadline on the Colorado River Valley draft to Jan. 17.
Recommended Stories For You
The plan and information about comments are available at http://www.blm.gov/co/st/en/BLM_Programs/land_use_planning/rmp/kfo-gsfo.html.
Tread of Pioneers Museum is looking for volunteers
The Tread of Pioneers Museum needs front desk volunteers to work three-hour shifts. Duties include greeting visitors, answering phones, collecting admissions and gift shop sales. Friday and Saturday afternoon shifts are especially needed. The museum also needs help with upcoming special events and is seeking school tour guides. Contact Katy Taylor at 970-879-2214 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Noodles & More Saigon Cafe: Authentic Fresh Food
- Steamboat local recalls May 10, 1996, disaster on Mount Everest
- Halloween weekend in Steamboat Springs appeals to all ghosts and ghouls
- Looking back, 17 years of CMC’s annual haunted house fundraiser
- Series of lakes atop Buffalo Pass provides easy, beautiful hikes
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- Homeless chef suspected of dealing heroin in Routt County
- New single-family homes 22 miles west of Steamboat signal evolving housing market
- Steamboat Springs teens missing since Monday found safe
- Vehicle runs over woman’s foot: The Record for Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017