Steamboat Briefs: Community Bible study ongoing on Thursdays |

Steamboat Briefs: Community Bible study ongoing on Thursdays

— A men's community Bible study is from 7 to 8 a.m. every Thursday at the Egg & I restaurant. All are welcome.

Some agricultural land owners eligible for help

The Routt-Jackson-Grand-Summit Farm Service Agency would like to inform agricultural land owners that there may be help for those affected by recent flooding on their hay ground and pasture, according to a news release. 

The Emergency Conservation Program provides emergency funding and technical assistance for farmers and ranchers to rehabilitate farmland damaged by natural disasters.

The Emergency Assistance for Livestock Program provides emergency help to eligible producers of livestock that have feed or grazing losses due to natural disasters. 

The Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program provides financial help to producers of non-insurable crops when low yields, loss of inventory, or prevented planting occur because of natural disasters. Producers who bought NAP coverage on their grass or alfalfa hay and pasture ground for 2011 would be covered under this program for flooding damage.

Producers who think they have suffered a qualifying loss or would like more information can contact the Routt-Jackson-Grand-Summit FSA Office by calling 970-879-3225, ext. 2, or stopping by the office in the Pine Grove Center. More information is available at under the subject heading "Disaster Assistance Programs."

Recommended Stories For You

Go back to article