Sports Club Nordic athletes shine at Junior Olympics
March 2, 2011
Steamboat Springs — The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club Nordic ski team picked up a barrage of podium finishes last week at the 2011 Junior Olympics in Salisbury, Conn.
Steamboat skiers grabbed 11 podiums, including five first-place finishes.
In special jumping, Madison Keeffe led the way in the girls J2 division with a first-place finish. Natalie Bohlmann was sixth. In the boys J2 division, Jasper Good was sixth, and Ben Berend was eighth.
In the boys J1 division, Aleck Gantick registered a third-place finish.
In the later Nordic combined individual J2 boys event, Berend was second, Good was third and Nicholas Madden was sixth.
Keeffe again paced the J2 girls, finishing first and was followed by Bohlmann in second.
Gantick came from behind after the jumping portion to finish first in the J1 boys. The team of Steve Anderson, Fritz Carpenter, Jake Barker and Gantick was third in the J1 boys team jumping event. In the J2 boys, the team of Madden, Good and Berend was fourth.
In the two-person Nordic combined team event, Good and Berend finished second in the boys J2 division, Bohlmann and Keeffe were first in the girls J2 division, and Carpenter and Gantick won the boys J1 division.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- From the Editor: Steamboat Today launches new website
- New Stagecoach subdivision, Young’s Peak Preserve, offers just 8 lots on 80 acres