Snow is back in the forecast for Steamboat Springs
December 20, 2011
Steamboat Springs — Snow is back in the forecast for Steamboat Springs, and just in time for the holidays.
A storm dropping into Utah and Colorado from the northwest is expected to hit the region late Wednesday night and into Thursday. Early forecasts from the National Weather Service indicate 4 to 10 inches of snow could accumulate across the mountains of western Colorado. Less snow is expected in the valleys.
Today's forecast calls for patchy fog early and then mostly sunny skies with a high of 34 degrees. Tonight will be clear with a low of 6 degrees. Wednesday's daytime high will reach 29 degrees, with snow potentially beginning late in the evening.
A chance of snow returns to Steamboat on Saturday, when the National Weather Service a system could bring light accumulation to the Park and Gore mountain ranges, including Rabbit Ears Pass.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Noodles & More Saigon Cafe: Authentic Fresh Food
- Steamboat Springs breast cancer survivor is now an advocate for mammography
- Sweetwater Grill is sold; new concept to open in May
- Halloween weekend in Steamboat Springs appeals to all ghosts and ghouls
- 1940, 1944 winter games were canceled because of World War II