Ski area lifts reopen after wind-related shutdown
April 3, 2010
Steamboat Springs — High winds shut down several lifts at the Steamboat Ski Area this morning and into this afternoon. All have reopened.
According to Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp. spokesman Mike Lane, the Storm Peak Express, Sunshine Express, Sundown Express and Four Points ski lifts were all down as of about 11 a.m.
Four Points reopened at about 12:30 p.m., the ski area reported via Twitter. Storm Peak and Sundown opened just before 2 p.m. Sunshine opened shortly after 2 p.m., according to a message posted on Ski Corp.’s Twitter account.
The Twitter account, steamboatinfo, reported 7 new inches of snow in the past 24 hours on Mount Werner as of about 1 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Man involved in serious accident on Rabbit Ears reunited with first responders
- Charlie MacArthur: Thanks to Steamboat Resort
- Tall motor home hits building: The Record for Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017
- After public outcry, Yampa River Queen will stay afloat in some form
- New lifts, additional terrain opening at Steamboat Ski Area